DR. IRVING A. GLADSTONE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
At P.S.186 we’re
“Heads Above the Rest”
Public School 186
April 1, 2015
Dear Parents of students in Grades 3 – 5,
As you know your child will be taking the New York State Assessments in English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics during the month of April as follows:
ELA Tuesday, April 14
Wednesday, April 15
Thursday, April 16
Math Wednesday, April 22
Thursday, April 23
Friday, April 24
Please review the following reminders with your children:
- Be prepared – children should bring 5 new sharpened #2 pencils to school on all testing days
- Get a good night’s rest – Be sure that your child goes to sleep at an appropriate time
- Eat a healthy Breakfast – Be sure that your child wakes up early enough to eat a healthy breakfast
- Arrive to school on time – Please be sure that your child is not late to school, arriving by 7:50 am
Testing procedures will begin immediately during the first period. Once administration of the assessment begins, no child will be admitted to the room. Late students must take a make-up.
- Follow normal routines - Don’t overemphasize the test and make your child over-anxious. Some anxiety is normal, but severe nervousness can impede a child’s test-taking ability. Arrive to school in an un-hurried fashion.
- Cell phone policy – All cell phones should be turned off and kept in a school bag at all times. No cell phone should be visible or used at anytime for any reason and will be confiscated by a testing proctor if these procedures are not followed.
All guidelines listed above will assure that your child will perform to his/her optimal ability. Rest assured all students are well prepared and we wish them the very best of luck!
HELP OUR SCHOOL
WIN $10,000 DOLLARS!!
Check out our select 3rd graders! Vote for their Safety Dance Music Video!
Follow this link - http://kidsmartz.votigo.com/kidsmartz
Scroll Down and click “VIEW & VOTE”
Select -P.S.186, Brooklyn NY, Safety Dance Video
Then scroll down and under the video click VOTE
Everyone can vote once a day until March 16th.
Each person gets one vote per day.
Send it to everyone you know! We need to get ahead in the popular vote to increase our chance of winning! Use social media to spread the word!
VOTE EVERYDAY UNTIL MARCH 16th!
Please note that the Parent Survey Deadline has been extended until April 17!
Please complete the surveys online or return the survey envelopes to your child's teacher.
Thank you for your cooperation!
April 3, 2015 - April 12, 2015
Back to school Monday, April 13, 2015
IXL has been purchased for our schoo!
Thank you to the NIA ExpandED program for sponsoring this ELA and Math Program for our students.
Log In information and Passwords were sent home.
Log in at: IXL.com
Applying to Kindergarten
Apply online at nyc.gov/schools/kindergarten
or by phone
or in person at an enrollment office
Do you want more reading practice?
Why not try Raz-Kids.com?
Log in today for leveled reading and comprehension practice
Ask your child's teacher for their username and password.
School begins for all students at 8:00 am
Breakfast is served 7:20 am- 7:50 am
Dismissal takes place at 2:20 pm